LEBANON, Ohio (AP) — An Ohio man accused in the death of his infant son and of injuring the child’s older sibling pleaded guilty to reduced charges on Friday and was sentenced to 24 years in prison.
Cody Colwell, of Clearcreek Township, pleaded guilty in Warren County to voluntary manslaughter and endangering children.
He originally had been charged with murder.
Prosecutors said 2-month-old Cayden Colwell suffered blunt force injury to the head and Colwell’s 3-year-old stepson had multiple bruises on his body.
Authorities responding to a 911 call last April found Cayden unresponsive at a Clearcreek Township home.
Township police say the infant was hospitalized and died just days later after being taken off life support.
Colwell declined to say anything in court Friday.
His attorney also declined to comment when reached by phone.
- Ohio man pleads guilty in infant son’s death, gets 24 years
- Ohio woman pleads guilty in 3 sons’ deaths, sentenced to 37 years
- Arrest made in infant death
- Ohio school superintendent pleads guilty to sex charges
- Fort Wayne man pleads guilty to neglect in toddler's death
- Adams County officials investigating death of infant
- Ossian man receives 35-year sentence in infants death
- Man pleads guilty in 2017 murder case
- Man pleads guilty to shooting deputy
- Father formally charged with murder of infant son