VAN WERT, Ohio. (WFFT)- The election is 7 days away and Lieutenant Governor candidates are also urging voters to consider a few things before they head to the polls. Both of them have Ohio's economy on their list to strengthen leaving voter Judy Bowers optimistic.
"I think it's an important election. I think we have some really good candidates running," Bowers said.
She's not sure how the results will go but she said it's been quite the journey.
"It's been a good hard few months here, but it's been interesting," she added.
Republican Lieutenant Governor candidate Jon Husted made a stop in Van Wert Tuesday morning saying it's been quite the journey for him as well.
"Election day is always exiting. It's an opportunity for people to come together to make a judgment about where they want to go, and Mike DeWine and I feel like we've spelled out a prosperity plan that will lead the people of Ohio to a more prosperous future," he said.
His opponent Democratic Lieutenant Governor nominee Betty Sutton who is running with Richard Cordray said she believes in spreading economic opportunity as well
"Rich Cordray and I will always stand up for the middle class in Ohio, and we will fight in office to lower healthcare costs, improve education and workforce development, and spread economic opportunity more broadly around the state," Sutton said.
Bowers says she and her family are ready for Tuesday to see who comes out on top.
"I see a positive place for Ohio," Bowers said.
- Ohio Lieutenant Governor candidates looking toward election day
- Accuser of Virginia's lieutenant governor details alleged sexual assault
- Ohio governor wants nearly $1B for Lake Erie, waterways
- Ohio governor signs ban on abortion after 1st heartbeat
- Ohio governor signs repeal of state sales tax on tampons
- Ohio election results roll in, issue one rejected
- Senate candidates debate one last time before election
- Two anti-abortion bills head to Ohio governor's desk
- Indiana agency investigates county's Election Day glitch
- Northwest Ohio Wind Farm unveiled