COLUMBUS, Ohio (WFFT) - The Ohio EPA needs more information before it will approve Artesian of Pioneer's plan to pipe water from the Michindoh Aquifer to the Toledo, Ohio area.
An Ohio EPA spokeswoman told FOX 55 the company's CEO Ed Kidston didn't send specifics about the engineering or the required information for well sites.
Documents show Kidston said he doesn't have a contract to develop or construct production wells at this time.
Kidston wants to drill water from the Michindoh Aquifer in Ohio, Michigan and Indiana and sell it to communities near Toledo.
The Ohio EPA has posted the plan to its website.
- Ohio EPA needs more info to approve Michindoh Aquifer drilling
- Public meeting planned for Michindoh Aquifer drilling
- CEO questions Michindoh Aquifer's existence
- Only on FOX 55: Officials in tri-state to meet on Michindoh Aquifer drilling
- Plan to sell water from Michindoh Aquifer moves forward
- ONLY ON FOX 55: People learn more about Michindoh Aquifer at Angola meeting
- Hundreds upset after council doesn't take stand on Michindoh Aquifer debate
- DeKalb County residents express concerns about aquifer drilling
- Effort to change county government to protect aquifer drilling