WATERLOO, Ind. (WFFT) - A former DeKalb County commissioner is okay after falling through ice Wednesday morning.
The DeKalb County Sheriff's Department said Randy Deetz was ice fishing in a pond on Country Road 23 outside Waterloo.
Deputies say Deetz had been in the water for about 10 minutes before help arrived.
They were able to pull Deetz out of the water using a rope already tied to him and a boat.
Medics checked Deetz out at the scene.
- Officers rescue former county commissioner who fell through ice
- Boy who fell into Indiana drain rescued during fireworks
- Allen County Health Commissioner comments on TB case at the Rescue Mission
- DeKalb County commissioners approve jail improvements
- County commissioners reject rezoning of Spencerville field
- County commissioners approve development along Schwartz Road
- County Commissioners announce $1 billion development investment in 2017
- DeKalb County commissioners looking at community corrections designs
- Commissioners approve $4.2 million for east Allen County revival
- Allen County Commissioners to hold hearings about bridge tax increase