AUBURN, Ind. (WFFT) - The two officers involved in a shooting in Garrett won't face any charges.
DeKalb County Prosecutor ClaraMary Winebrenner said in a press release DeKalb County Sheriff Deputy Todd McCormick and Garret Police Officer Alicia Castro acted in self defense in the April 10 shooting.
The shooting happened when McCormick stopped Joshua Mumma, 41, on the 400 block of Hamsher Drive.
Details about the stop haven't been released, but McCormick and Mumma were hurt in the shooting.
McCormick was released from the hospital April 11.
Mumma is still recovering from his injuries and is a person of interest in the incident.
- Officers cleared in Garrett shooting
- Deputy, suspect hurt in Garrett shooting
- Officers cleared in February deadly shooting
- Man arrested after Garrett bar fight
- Garrett man taken to hospital after crash
- Two arrested for dealing meth in Garrett
- FWPD detective cleared in July shooting
- The Locker Room Week 10: Concordia Lutheran vs. Garrett
- Second Arrest Made in the Death of Malakai Garrett
- Amber Garrett appears in court, grandma speaks out about charges