A 21-year- Indiana State Police Department veteran was involved in a shooting while trying to catch a bank robbery suspect.
Saturday morning around 10:00 am, there were a reports of a bank robbery at the Campbell and Fetter Bank in Kendallville, IN. Numerous police officers responded to the area.
The alleged suspect fled the bank in a car, and the trooper blocked the suspect's path at U.S. 6 and State Road 3. The suspect then rammed the police truck in the driver’s side. The officer fired one shot, as the suspect fled the scene southbound on State Road 3. T
The suspect was not hit and police captured after him after using a stop sick near Old State Road 8 and State Road 3.
The FBI is investigating the bank robbery.
- Officer-involved shooting in Kendallville
- Kendallville fighting blighted homes
- One dead in apparent Kendallville shooting
- Victim identified, arrest made in Kendallville shooting
- Man arrested in connection to Kendallville shooting
- Missing Kendallville man found dead
- Investigation continues into FWPD officer involved shooting
- Police investigate officer-involved shooting in Huntington
- One critically hurt in officer involved shooting
- Neighbors react to Kendallville bank robbery