FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- October is domestic violence awareness month, and the YWCA of Northeast Indiana is hosting events all month long to raise awareness.
The YWCA has a line-up of activities community members can get involved in including Chalk It Up, Peace Story Time, Purple Fridays, and Hope Awards.
A calendar of the events can be found on their website here.
- October is domestic violence awareness month
- February is teen dating violence awareness month
- YWCA hosts Chalk It Up for domestic violence awareness
- April is Alcohol Awareness Month
- YWCA raises awareness of teen dating violence
- Balloons released to rise up against domestic violence
- April is child abuse and neglect awareness month
- Local man shares his story of battling A.L.S for National A.L.S Awareness Month
- EACS hosts autism awareness event
- October 10 is World Mental Health Day