FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)-If you're looking for a job right now it is a busier time of year for employers, but don't fret, there's still plenty of jobs out there.
"It can be more difficult because of the end of the year, but there's a lot of seasonal positions that are out there, and then there are still hose positions that employers have been looking for for a while," said Adecco Enterprise Strategic Program Manager Jessica Hatton.
Job boards like CareerBuilder, Indeed, and LinkedIn are all good places to find new seasonal, full and part-time positions.
"If you feel like you meet those qualifications, definitely apply for those jobs, and then follow up, so be proactive with that follow up with those positions," said Hatton.
At Adecco, there is a big need for general labor and skilled labor jobs at both the entry and seasoned levels.
"Machine operators, and we also have more skilled positions any where from clerical, to CNC machinists to polishers. positions like that," said Hatton.
Through a temp agency like Adecco, it can often take less than a week to get a job, which saves months of job hunting.
"Ranges from a matter of a day to maybe 5 days. it just really depends on what kind of screening you have to go through," said Hatton.
Hatton says she can't stress enough the importance of networking.
"Make sure that your Facebook profile is looking professional and networking through your contacts through that as well. That gives you a quicker response because everybody knows it's always somebody that you know."
- Now is a good time to job hunt
- Job market looking good for recent graduates
- 8th annual Pet Expo promises good time
- Aardvark Straws holds job fair
- Mayor announces proactive jobs initiative
- Indiana House approves bill to fix rifle hunting mistake
- Wicked Good Cupcakes come to Fort Wayne
- Is going gluten-free good for everyone?
- Avancez, Kroger adding jobs to NE Indiana
- Call center adding 500 new jobs