FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Valentine's Day is around the corner, and residents of Northeast Indiana are searching for the perfect gift for that special someone.
"I love my mom, so I figured I'd get her chocolate," said Nick Motter.
Nick was in DeBrand's Fine Chocolates Sunday afternoon with his dad, and said he knows, "Women love chocolate."
His dad, Brett Motter, used the day to teach his son a valuable lesson.
"Let your wife know that you love her when you're married to her and treat her with nice little treats every now and then," Motter said.
Mandy Fehman is spending Valentine's Day volunteering, but took this weekend to spend time with loved ones.
"Doing what we love, and that's talking and hanging out, drinking coffee, and eating chocolate," Fehman said.
Fort Wayne businesses like DeBrand's said Valentine's Day is their busiest time of year.
"Most people have a significant other that they absolutely love and adore...and of course they say that with chocolates," said Lauren Sgro, assistant manager of DeBrand's.
So, whether it's with fresh cut flowers, or rich, creamy candy, Northeast Indiana is feeling the love.
- Northeast Indiana gears up for Valentine's Day
- Severe storms pound Northeast Indiana
- Unemployment falls across northeast Indiana
- Ice storm takes over Northeast Indiana
- Rotarians visit Northeast Indiana from India
- Why flowers get so expensive on Valentine's Day
- Thousands still without power after Sunday storms pound Northeast Indiana
- Fort Wayne-built Silverado making mark in northeast Indiana
- Northeast Indiana regional partners sign code of ethics
- Northeast Indiana feels the pain at the pump