NORTH MANCHESTER (WFFT) - A North Manchester Police officer involved in a deadly shooting in March won't be charged.
The Wabash County Prosecutor announced the decision Tuesday.
Officer Parker Stouffer made a traffic stop in the parking lot of the Eel River Inn March 6.
During the traffic stop, Michael Kline, 40, pointed a gun at Stouffer and another officer.
Stouffer shot and killed Kline at the scene.
The Wabash County Prosecutor said in a news release the shooting was justified under state law.
- North Manchester officer justified in deadly shooting
- North Manchester man dies in officer-involved shooting
- North Manchester implementing "Smoke-Free Air Law"
- Manchester University announces expansion
- Officers cleared in February deadly shooting
- Family owned business closing after 86 years in North Manchester
- North Manchester woman dies in Wabash County crash
- Manchester Metals closes unexpectedly, nearly 100 unemployed
- Manchester University helps clean up Fort Wayne
- Manchester Community Schools referendum draws opposition