NORTH MANCHESTER, Ind. (WFFT) - A North Manchester man is dead after being shot by a police officer.
The shooting happened just before 6 p.m. Tuesday.
The Indiana State Police said officers from the North Manchester Police Department attempted a traffic stop on a Chevrolet pickup.
The driver of the truck, Michael Kline, 40, pulled into the parking lot at the Eel River Inn on SR 114.
Investigators said at some point during the stop, there was an incident and the officer shot at Kline, killing him.
No officers were injured in the incident.
The Wabash County Prosecutor will determine if any charges will be filed.
This is the second officer involved shooting this year in Wabash County.
February 14, Wabash County and Huntington County sheriff deputies shot and killed a Kokomo man believed to be the suspect in a burglary in Huntington County.
- North Manchester man dies in officer-involved shooting
- North Manchester officer justified in deadly shooting
- Officer-involved shooting in Kendallville
- North Manchester implementing "Smoke-Free Air Law"
- Manchester University announces expansion
- Investigation continues into FWPD officer involved shooting
- One critically hurt in officer involved shooting
- Family owned business closing after 86 years in North Manchester
- FWPD officer involved in crash
- Officer involved shooting reported in Fort Wayne; person critically injured