ALBION, Ind. (WFFT) - A northeast Indiana sheriff's department now has a life to help protect one of its own.
K-9s with Valor recently donated an opioid overdose kit specifically for the Noble County Sheriff's Department.
Sergeant Carey Coney will carry the kit for his K-9 partner Ike.
The department said in a Facebook post kits like these help protect Ike from any dangerous drugs, especially as the opioid epidemic continues to grow.
- Noble County Sheriff receives K-9 opioid overdose kit
- Huntington County K-9 receiving protective vest
- Indiana distributing overdose antidote kits to 34 counties
- Columbia City receiving K-9 vest donation
- Whitley County Sheriff K-9 dies in crash after police chase
- Noble County Sheriff's Department helps northeast Indiana agencies with drone
- Noble County's new sheriff looking for new program for jail
- Floods take over Noble County
- Noble County libraries dropping fines
- Inmate escapes Noble County courthouse