FAIR OAKS, Ind. (AP) - An animal rights group has released new undercover video showing workers at an Indiana dairy farm abusing adult cows while loading them into a milking carousel that visitors can tour at the popular agritourism destination.
The video released Wednesday by Animal Recovery Mission comes a week after the Miami-based group released video showing workers kicking and throwing calves at Fair Oaks Farms.
That and other video led to animal cruelty charges against three former employees.
The new video shows employees punching adult cows, striking them with poles and apparently breaking the tails of some uncooperative cows. During a farm tour including in the footage, a guide tells visitors that cows like the carousel, saying it's "a joy ride for them."
Fair Oaks didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- New video shows adult cows being abused at Indiana farm
- 29th annual Farm Show kicks off
- Police chase cow near Chick-Fil-A
- Agriculture report shows fewer but larger farms in US
- Child dies after accident at farm in northeastern Indiana
- Court rejects challenge to Indiana's Right to Farm Act
- Video shows woman push man off bus
- Day care worker accused of child abuse after video shows her throwing a toddler in a classroom, authorities say
- Solomon Farm Park hosts Christmas on the farm
- Northwest Ohio Wind Farm unveiled