FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - A new treatment coming to Fort Wayne could help people struggling with opioid addiction.
MindSET PrTMS is a drug free brain treatment enhancing conventional addiction therapy.
This new treatment uses an FDA approved device to stimulate neurons in the brain and get them more in sync.
This can be used for several different brain disorders such as autism and Alzheimer's.
"We treat one thing, the brain. The commonality among all patients is they have a brain that operates in a similar fashion. So we are taking advantage of that principle," said Dr. Kevin Murphy, Director of MindSET Clinics.
Friday, doctors will meet with Fort Wayne Mayor Tom Henry and Allen County health commissioner Dr. Deborah McMahan to talk about how to expand the treatment here in northeast Indiana.
- New treatment for opioid addiction coming to Fort Wayne
- Addiction recovery centers helping reduce overdoses in Fort Wayne
- New road project coming to Fort Wayne
- Ruth's Chris coming to Fort Wayne
- Wicked Good Cupcakes come to Fort Wayne
- Pug Fest comes to Fort Wayne
- Golden Brush Winner Comes to Fort Wayne
- Paul McCartney coming to Fort Wayne
- President Trump coming to Fort Wayne Monday
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins