FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- The new trash schedule starts Monday, but Thomas Williams' trash has already been sitting out for a week saying he never can be too sure when the trucks are coming, and he doesn't really feel like making calls to complain.
"I've already seen others. A couple of thousand people have already called the number been on hold, and me being deaf, I just don't find that a possibility to be on hold and try to get through the line.
I have seen so many other people go through the process. It's been unsuccessful for them. It's not making a difference so I don't see why I should," Williams said.
He lives in the area of Kentucky Avenue. That section of the city's trash days have changed from Tuesday to Wednesday.
"My trash just sits here and sits here. We only have one can. It builds up," Valeri Williams said.
"There's no difference between Tuesday and Wednesday," she said.
As much as Chuck Dunno wants to be positive for the new schedule, he's still a little unsure at how successful it will be.
"Do they really have it together yet? I don't know. I don't think so. Will it change? We shall see," Dunno said.
Postcards with the day changes were sent out to residents last month.
If you don't know when your trash pick-up day is check mynewtrashday.com.
Residents are expected to have their trash set on the curb by 6AM on the day of their collection.
- New trash days start Monday
- Trash pick-up delayed for Labor Day
- Council supports $12 trash refund
- New trash days aimed at solving collection issues
- Fort Wayne mailing new Red River trash day reminders
- I-469 pavement replacement to start Monday
- Puppy dumped in trash finds new home
- City Council addressing trash pickup issues
- City council express frustrations over trash collection
- Resolution for trash refunds to be introduced