People will be seeing new parking meters downtown.
City Council approved replacing all the city owned meters with ones like the ones on Berry Street now.
It's been at least 30 years since the city bought the current meters.
The new meters will be more reliable and offer more ways to pay--such as by credit card or your phone.
"We have the availability to do a lot of things," says City Clerk Lana Keesling. "We can do dynamic pricing, we can do messages on the meters, it provides on information on whether meters in certain spaces don't make sense."
The new meters will be installed sometime in February. That's when rates will be expected to go up to help cover monthly fees.
- New parking meters coming to downtown Fort Wayne
- New meters mean new parking rates downtown
- Train derails southeast of downtown Fort Wayne
- Southeast Fort Wayne business development behind downtown
- New road project coming to Fort Wayne
- Ruth's Chris coming to Fort Wayne
- Wicked Good Cupcakes come to Fort Wayne
- Pug Fest comes to Fort Wayne
- Golden Brush Winner Comes to Fort Wayne
- Paul McCartney coming to Fort Wayne