BLUFFTON, Ind. (WFFT)- A new opiate treatment facility opened in Bluffton Wednesday with a ribbon cutting and a tour of the facility.
Groups Recover Together opened on Commerce Drive.
Recovering addicts like Jade Glover know all too well what access to treatment can do.
"Been six and a half years clean. My mission in life is to walk beside those who have addiction issues," Glover said.
That's why she's so supportive of Groups, and now works as a family case manager in Wells County.
"This kind of therapy that Groups is going to put on, along with the medication assisted treatment that they're going to do and the doctors visits, it's just the perfect treatment plan," Glover said.
From the moment someone walks in the door, they're on the path to recovery. The goal is to change lives a little closer to home.
"Why we chose Bluffton is a lot of the reason why we chose any of our facilities. All of our locations are located in rural settings, where treatment is a barrier to most of them due to transportation," said Ashley Hall, associate director of development.
Hall said there's 21 Groups locations in Indiana. They accept walk-ins and can always get to members within 7 days.
"We also have a 1-800 number they can call, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. And they can schedule an intake appointment through there," she said.
If patients qualify for the program, they'll meet with a physician, get a prescription for medication to help break their addiction, and they'll have to come back every week for group therapy.
- New opiate treatment facility opens in Bluffton
- Fire at The Pallet Barn in Bluffton
- Silver Alert ended for missing Bluffton man
- Park Center eyes New Haven for residential treatment facility
- One person in custody after shooting in Bluffton
- Bluffton family thankful for support after house fire
- First responder training facility opens in Paulding
- Governor Holcomb visits opioid treatment program before opening
- New physical therapy and MRI facility opens downtown
- Boys and Girls Club opens new state-of-the-art facility