FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Drone operators now have to take an extra step to fly over crowded areas in Fort Wayne.
Fort Wayne's city council approved the new regulations Tuesday evening.
It requires drone operators to notify police when they plan to fly downtown or over festivals outside downtown.
The Fort Wayne Police Department said this is just a simple notification.
Police can't deny flights because that's left up to the FAA.
- New downtown drone rules approved by city council
- Fort Wayne City Council considering drone rules for downtown, festivals
- City council approves art commission
- City council approves North River property purchase
- City Council approves water rate increase
- City Council approves Electric Works funding
- Council approves replacing failing bridge
- Gas station zoning changes approved by city council
- City council approves first steps for dockless electric scooters in Fort Wayne
- City council overrules "pay to play" veto