FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- New details have been released on a shooting that injured one adult female and two children Tuesday night on the city's Southeast side.
It happened in the 1900 block of East Pontiac around 8:30 p.m. Police said the whole thing started when they received a call of an armed party. An incident report shows two teenagers were in an alley off Euclid. One of them had a handgun. Police also said someone was chased by a male with a handgun.
That's when police got the call that a woman, 51, and two children, ages 10 and 14, were shot at a nearby home. All three were taken to a local hospital for their injuries.
The woman is now back at home and resting according to her son. He told WFFT off camera his mom and the kids were victims of a senseless accident. He believes the bullets were meant for someone else.
Some neighbors I spoke to said they laid in bed and listened to the incident unfold.
"I heard three gunshots and then a little bit later I heard about ten more," said Gayla Fett.
The gunshots didn't scare Fett, though.
"It probably would some other people but I've heard them around this area before," she said.
Around the corner, another neighbor also heard the gunshots, but wasn't sure where they were coming from.
"It sounded like it went across Pontiac and across that little park in the middle, the median, and then I heard the police, and then I heard 'woo-woo', and next thing I know I heard three shots," said Tina Underwood.
Underwood said she's use to hearing shots fired in the distance, but not right outside her front door.
"The first thing it said to me is I need to move," Underwood said.
If you have any information about this shooting you're urged to contact Fort Wayne Police or Crime Stoppers.
- New details released on triple shooting, neighbors react
- Neighbors react to murder investigation
- Suspect arrested in Spatz Avenue double shooting, neighbors react
- Neighbors react to Kendallville bank robbery
- Neighbors react to south central fire that killed two
- Van Wert Police release more details on infant death investigation
- Triple shooting claims two lives, one remains in critical condition
- subject identified and cleared of connection with home invasion, neighbors react
- Fort Wayne man sentenced to 63 years for shooting neighbor
- Details of Graduation Pathways unclear