FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- The suspect in the U.S. 30 road rage incident is the owner of a business in Fort Wayne. That business, Junk Monkey's, is now sitting nearly empty with the sign taken down.
Meanwhile, police continue to search for Brandon Cook, 27.
Cook is on the run after allegedly beating Orlando Fernandez, 60, on August 8th.
Naomi Cramer, Cook's girlfriend, told police she was in the truck with Cook that day. She said she saw Fernandez grab Cook by the neck before getting punched, but another witness said Cook was yelling at Fernandez and then punched him 4-5 times.
Cramer told police she tried to get Cook to calm down, but he didn't listen.
Cramer was emotional Wednesday morning, and told FOX 55 at Junk Monkey's that she's, "cleaning the shop up," and moving on with her life.
The owner of a neighboring business, A & S Auto described Brandon Cook as aggressive, but a phone call for an interview went unanswered.
This week, FOX 55 reported Cook is facing an Involuntary Manslaughter charge. Orlando Fernandez died at the hospital after having a heart attack. A probable cause affidavit says that heart attack was directly related to the stress of the incident.
The affidavit states Fernandez was brake checking Cook and flipped him off in traffic. That's when Cook got angry and pulled along side Fernandez. Both men got out of their vehicles on the shoulder.
One witness told police later Cook posted on Facebook he had, "taught a lesson," to another driver.
Cramer said she and Cook went back to Junk Monkey's after the incident. It wasn't until Cook watched the news that night that he learned Fernandez had died.
None of the people FOX 55 spoke to know where Cook is.
If you have any information, you're urged to contact Crime Stoppers at 436-STOP.
- New details on U.S. 30 road rage incident, police still looking for suspect
- Road rage incident causes three vehicle crash
- Man dead after road rage incident
- Trial rescheduled for road rage incident
- Charges filed in U.S. 30 road rage incident
- Road rage suspect, Brandon Cook, arrested in Florida
- Suspect in fatal road rage beating formally charged
- Police investigating stabbing incident
- Details of Graduation Pathways unclear
- Van Wert Police release more details on infant death investigation