Photo Gallery 9 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) — Chicago has made its way to Fort Wayne...with a lot of flavor added.
Portillo's Restaurant gave a sneak peek to the Fort Wayne community who signed up to taste their menu's "Famous Five."
Director of New Restaurant Operations, Jeff Deppe, said, "We just wanted to give the community a little taste of what we have to offer."
Contrary to the 'little taste' Deppe suggested, visitors flooded the lines and came out the restaurant's revolving doors with big smiles.
Connie Gumbel of Fort Wayne said, "Now I understand what all the hype is about."
With Italian sauage, fresh onion rings, milkshakes, and even a food truck to top off the experience, Portillo's brought the hype to Fort Wayne with extra sizzle.
The restaurant's grand opening in Fort Wayne is scheduled for Thursday, Dec. 5.
To check out their menu or find more information, click here.
- Fort Wayne Portillo's gives sneak peek before grand opening
- Sneak peek at the world's first guitar-shaped hotel
- IU Health opens Fort Wayne office Wednesday
- Gander Outdoors opens in Fort Wayne
- New brewery now open in Fort Wayne
- Hampton Inn opens in downtown Fort Wayne
- Planned Parenthood opens new Fort Wayne clinic
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Visit Fort Wayne launches Fort Wayne Accessibility landing page
- Kroger holding Grand Opening celebration