NEW HAVEN, Ind. (WFFT) -- For more than 70 years, New Haven's been the home of Do It Best.
Some residents said they never saw a move in its future.
"I feel like they are doing what's best for them, so I think they're making the very best move that will help them out," New Haven resident Brandon Davis said.
Davis said better here than out of state.
All employees will still be employed by the company.
At the announcement on Thursday, Electric Works and Do It Best explained how the space will provide more opportunities for employment.
Do It Best will take up multiple floors and 200,000 square feet of space.
"We're 10 minutes from Fort Wayne, so even if it does have an impact, we're so close," Davis said.
Joy Sterling was hoping more would happen in New Haven.
"I just moved back to Indiana. I'm actually from here. I've been gone six years and New Haven hasn't really changed much. I was hoping it would be more built up with the business- industry. I think the building could be vacant for a very long time. I wasn't happy about it," Sterling said.
We'll have to see once the old location is bought what will happen with it. It's currently up for sale.
- New Haven residents react to Do It Best moving to Fort Wayne
- Fort Wayne residents react to the Iran missiles attacks
- Fort Wayne Animal Care & Control expands services to New Haven
- Purdue Fort Wayne students move into dorms
- Destiny Rescue moving to Fort Wayne
- Fort Wayne residents react to the El Paso and Dayton mass shootings
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- People in Fort Wayne react to partial government shutdown
- People in Fort Wayne react to President Trump's national emergency.
- New Haven Police arrest man in hour-long chase ending at Fort Wayne Airport