NEW HAVEN, Ind. (WFFT)- The city of New Haven is extending their leaf pick-up until the end of the year due to inclement weather.
Utility superintendent, Dave Jones, said the leaves fell later than normal this year, and freezing temperatures have made it hard for their equipment to pick up the leaves.
As a reminder, leaves should be raked onto a park strip between the sidewalk and curb, and away from signs, poles, and parked cars.
The picked up leaves will be recycled into compost.
Residents are asked not to bag their leaves.
- New Haven extending leaf pick-up
- Leaf collection starts this week
- Fort Wayne announces leaf collection schedule
- Leaf collections begin in Fort Wayne
- Train derails in New Haven
- New Haven girl found safe
- FWCS extends Robinson's contract
- DeKalb Humane Society extends hours
- McMichael announces candidacy for New Haven mayor
- New Haven woman's death ruled a homicide