FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - There is a new Superior Court judge in Allen County.
Judge Andrea Trevino was sworn in by the chief justice of the Indiana Supreme Court Tuesday afternoon.
Trevino was appointed last week by Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb to fill the remainder of the term of Judge Dan Heath, who retired last month.
Trevino said she's excited for her new role.
"We're really looking to expand services. I think in this day and age it's becoming really crucial to look for alternatives for juveniles to keep them out of detention centers," said Trevino.
She starts presiding over cases Wednesday.
Her term runs through 2020.
- New Allen County judge sworn in Tuesday
- Allen County Judge Levine retiring
- Allen County Fair begins Tuesday
- Nine new Allen County CASAs sworn in Thursday
- 12 CASA volunteers sworn in at Allen County Courthouse
- Tox-Away Tuesdays now open in Allen County
- East Allen County Schools hiring
- Allen County sees big STI increase
- Fire damages house in northwest Allen County
- Car pulled from pond in Allen County