FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - The mobile home that bares John Miller's name in Grabill still has the crime scene tape around it.
It's just a few doors down from Andy Ford's home.
Ford says he was shocked to learn that his neighbor could have potentially committed this crime.
"Just, unreal," Ford said. "Just, bizarre that uh, that somehow or the other the person would be three doors down from me."
However, Ford says in the seven years he's lived here he hasn't seen or heard much from Miller.
"I've had a grand total of one conversation with him," Ford said. "They changed the trash pickup so I saw him and said hey did you know they changed it? I've actually shoveled the snow off his walk for the last seven years, I do the whole block, but a conversation with him? No."
Whether miller committed this crime or not, Forensic and Clinical Psychologist Stephen Ross says there are certain factors that go in to somebody committing a crime like this against a child.
"Those individuals who victimize young children who are not in the family are acting upon a sexual fantasy," Ross said. "It may emanate from a psychological disorder that they've experienced maybe they've been abused."
Andy Ford says he has to drive right by miller's home to get to his and says people in the neighborhood are certainly talking about what's going on.
"Everybody seems to be reacting in slightly different ways," Ford said. "Some, just the fear that wow this person was here and they're worried about did he do anything else which is of course a possibility. I know some people are worried about the affect on the town."
- Neighbor, psychologist weigh in on alleged murderer John Miller
- Neighbors react to murder investigation
- John Miller appears in Allen County circuit court
- Trial set for April Tinsley's alleged murderer
- Concordia weighing future building options
- Donnelly weighs in on 2018 Farm Bill
- Memorial held for April Tinsley two weeks after Miller's arrest
- Infant dies after alleged child abuse; man charged with murder
- Neighbors react to Kendallville bank robbery
- Ohio teen accused of killing neighbor