FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - More than twenty teams are in Fort Wayne for the Goalball National Championships.
This is the third consecutive year the national championship has been held here in Fort Wayne.
Goalball is a sport specifically designed for athletes with visual impairments.
It's a competitive sport that is contested in the paralympics.
The tournament director says turnstone and the athletes are excited for the next few days of play.
"It's very exciting," Jaime Garzon with Turnstone said. "Turnstone, obviously with the training center designation, we're the official home of Goalball for male and female teams for U.S., Team USA, so we're very proud of that and we're very happy to have them here."
- National championship taking place in Fort Wayne
- Tube placed for Fort Wayne tunnel project
- Fort Wayne getting ready for National Drug Take Back Day
- Fort Wayne student wins national award
- Fort Wayne Urban League initiative recognized nationally
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Championship caliber disc golf course opens in Fort Wayne
- House taps Fort Wayne hangar for National Airmail Museum
- Fort Wayne Children's Zoo celebrates National Zookeeper Week
- Purdue Fort Wayne students join National Voter Registration Day