FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Monday night thousands of Fort Wayne residents will be out to ring in 2019. This year, the Grand Gala is joining the line up.
The black tie affair at the Grand Wayne Center is being called the party you won't want to miss.
"We've been working on this gala since October and a lot goes into it. Basically, me and one of my good friends and business partners decided we wanted to do something different for Fort Wayne," said Daniel Todd, president of Q&D Promotions.
The Summit City joins cities such as Chicago and Indianapolis in offering an elegant option to celebration New Year's Eve.
The gala is not related to the Fort Wayne Ball Drop, but party goers will get a front-row seat to the event at Parkview Field.
Todd said when the team considered the options for where to host the party, there was no question.
"The Grand Wayne Center speaks for itself. And I knew if we were going to do an event, we had options and I said, 'If we can't do it at the Grand Wayne Center, I don't want to do it anywhere,'" he said.
Todd's business partner, Marquayle Martin has been helping to coordinate the event. He said they're expecting a packed house.
"We're expecting a sell out of 700," he said.
Those 700 people will get to eat and dance the night away to live entertainment and the music of DJ Rello. They'll also get an on-screen view of the ball dropping and a toast at Midnight.
"Really, really excited because Q&D Promotions are some of my really good friends. We grew up together," DJ Rello said, "We're putting together this event just so we can make sure people don't feel like they have to go here or there, or out of town. They can stay right here with us. And they can party just as hard for the 2019 New Year."
Tickets can still be bought on Event Brite, or by calling Daniel Todd at 260-999-2298.
- NYE 2019 Grand Gala joins line up of New Year's Eve plans in Fort Wayne
- Weather affects New Year's Eve plans in Fort Wayne
- Fort Wayne Urban League holds awards gala
- Fort Wayne's 2019 budget approved
- Fort Wayne Urban League getting ready for its 2018 gala
- Fort Wayne Sister Cities International prepares for gala
- Mega Millions creating lines in Fort Wayne
- GM unveils Fort Wayne Built 2019 Silverado
- Senator Donnelly in Fort Wayne on eve of election day
- Fort Wayne Arts United Center restoration plans