FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - NIPSCO customers have the chance to let the utility know how they feel about a proposed rate hike.
The Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor is holding a hearing Monday to gather input on the hike.
The OUCC will then present the comments to the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission, the group the approves the rate hike.
NIPSCO is asking regulators for an average increase of $10 a month.
The gas utility says it will use the additional money to cover operating expenses and system upgrades.
The first field hearing is scheduled for Monday, December 11, 2017 in Fort Wayne. It will start at 6:00 p.m. at the Grand Wayne Convention Center, Calhoun Ballroom A. Consumers are encouraged to arrive no later than 5:45 p.m. for an overview of field hearing procedures and the rate case process.
Consumers who wish to submit written comments for the case record may do so via the OUCC’s website at www.in.gov/oucc/2361.htm, or by mail, email, or fax:
Mail: Consumer Services Staff
Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor
115 W. Washington St., Suite 1500 South
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Fax: (317) 232-5923
The deadline to submit comments is January 17, 2018.
- NIPSCO rate hike hearing Monday
- NIPSCO asking for rate hike
- Consumer advocate seeks input on proposed NIPSCO rate hikes
- Residents argue against NIPSCO gas rate hike request
- Public comment period extended for NIPSCO gas rate hike
- NIPSCO trims natural gas rate hike plan, citing tax cuts
- NIPSCO warns against scammers
- NIPSCO reaches deal for 15% natural gas rate increase
- Phased-in NIPSCO gas rate increase takes effect Oct. 1
- Public hearings for Indiana Michigan Power rate hike proposal scheduled