FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Some Northwest Allen County Schools buses will have seatbelts in the fall.
The NACS board approved buying new seat backs with three-point belts for 24 buses Monday night.
Related Story: Local schools adding seat belts to school buses
It will cost the district $247,887 to retrofit those buses.
The district says every bus in the district will have seat belts in six years.
This also means the district will start ordering buses with seat belts as part of its bus replacement program.
Fort Wayne Community Schools will also have seat belts on some buses next year.
- NACS board approves installing seat belts on buses
- FWCS inspects buses, 26 new buses have seat belts
- EACS implement seat belts
- Local schools adding seat belts to school buses
- DeKalb Central sees success with seat belts on buses
- Seat belt usage on the decline
- Parents confused by NACS partial delay
- Details of potential new NACS school unfold
- Pop-up artist, Matthew Reinhart, visits NACS
- Merit board: Fire chief can accept resignations without board approval