FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Mustard Seed Furniture Bank is in need of your help in order to help the victims re-establish their homes.
"When we saw the Golfview fire, we got in contact with the Red Cross and also Golfview Apartments, and we met to see the needs of the residents that were burned out from the fire," Suzie Jordan said.
There were 26 adults displaced from the fire, and now they need items to furnish their living spaces.
"Most of them are college students so they need box springs and mattresses, complete bed frames, along with the bedding to go with those,"she added.
They need basic things like silverware, towels, drinking classes, and skillets,etc.
Ella Bashop lives in Golfview Apartments and said the building across the street that was home to the 26 adults is now an empty space.
They need all the help they can get.
"There's no electricity or anything in there. They don't have anyone in there right now,"Bashop said.
With the help of the Red Cross and the Mustard Seed Furniture Bank, she's hoping those families can get back on their feet.
Remember any item donated needs to be clean and in gently used condition.
Do not donate items with stains, tears, or animal hair.
The Mustard Seed Furniture Bank will also accept financial donations.
Additional drop-off hours at the Mustard Seed, located at 3636 Illinois Road are as follows if you would like to make a donation:
Monday, March 19, 2018 10 am – 6:30 pm
Tuesday, March 20, 2018 10 am – 4 pm
Wednesday, March 21, 2018 7 am – 4 pm
- Mustard Seed Furniture Bank assisting Golfview residents
- Mustard Seed Furniture Bank looking for donations for the holiday
- Local teen helps the Mustard Seed Furniture Bank's Bed For Kids
- Firefighters battle large blaze at Golfview Apartments
- JCPenney is ditching appliances and most furniture from its stores
- Indiana DNR will pay Hoosiers for certain tree seeds, nuts
- Victim's Assistance opens "Santa's Workshop"
- Banks addresses gun debate
- Wells Fargo selling banks
- Police investigate bank robbery at Flagstar Bank on west State