FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) -- Allen County Prosecutors have filed a formal murder charge against Kennisha Jackson, who was accused of shooting a man during an argument last week.
Police say the argument at 2827 Abbott St. was a dispute about money.
Jackson was given a preliminary charge of aggravated battery following the shooting of 19-year-old Diquan Meriwether on Jan. 14.
Police say Jackson told investigators Meriwether pulled a gun on her, dropped it and then she picked it up and shot him.
Jackson was then put on a 72-hour hold at the Allen County Jail leading up to the official hearing on Tuesday.
- Murder charges filed against 19-year-old Fort Wayne woman
- Fort Wayne woman arrested in deadly shooting of 19-year-old
- Fort Wayne man charged in mother's murder
- No charges filed in Fort Wayne officer involved shooting
- Fort Wayne grandfather makes plea for murder charges to be filed
- 16-year-old charged with murder in Fort Wayne teen's death
- Murder suspect extradited to Fort Wayne
- Fort Wayne man convicted in barbershop murder
- Fort Wayne woman charged in Greene Street stabbing
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins