CINCINNATI (AP) - Police say they've responded to an active shooter situation at the Fifth Third Bank building in downtown Cincinnati and there are multiple injuries.
The police department tweeted it as an "active shooter/officer involved shooting incident." The situation appeared to be under control shortly before 10 a.m. EDT Thursday.
Police say multiple people have been transported to an area hospital but there is no word on their conditions.
At least two ambulances were seen leaving the scene.
People in and around the building reported hearing a series of gunshots.
A spokeswoman for Fifth Third Bancorp says the company will comment later.
The suspect is confirmed dead. 3 others are dead with 2 more people in critical condition.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Multiple injured in downtown Cincinnati bank shooting
- Parkview Health Partners with Cincinnati Children's Hospital
- First Merchants Bank gets new home in downtown Fort Wayne
- Two Indiana judges injured in shooting in White Castle parking lot in downtown Indianapolis
- Three dead after shooting near downtown
- Multiple crashes Wednesday morning
- Indiana State Trooper injured in shooting
- Early morning shooting leaves one injured
- One person injured after shooting Saturday night
- Banks addresses gun debate