The mother of a two year old who died back in January was in court Wednesday morning in Allen County.
Crystal Belcher is facing neglect charges after her daughter Jocelyn was strangled and smothered to death on January 27th. A family member told FOX 55 Belcher found her baby blue and stiff, but changed her clothes and diaper before calling 911. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police are still looking for Belcher's boyfriend Shane Patton. He's also facing neglect charges related to Jocelyn's death. Anyone who knows his whereabouts is asked to call police at 427-1222.
- Mother charged with neglect in toddler's death appears in court
- Fort Wayne man pleads guilty to neglect in toddler's death
- Toddler's death under investigation
- Trial set for woman facing neglect charges following toddler's death, change of venue denied
- Babysitter charged with murder in toddler's death
- Fort Wayne mother charged with neglect after her baby dies
- Toddler's death ruled a homicide
- Suspect in toddler's death arrested
- Toddler death ruled a homicide, mother charged, police searching for person of interest
- Shooting suspect appears in court