LIGONIER, Ind. (WFFT) – A Ligonier father and two daughters are dead after a mid-morning single-vehicle accident on a snow-covered roadway.
According to the Noble County Sheriff’s Department, JJ Reyes was southbound on County Road 700W just before 10:00 a.m. When his vehicle entered the curve with Ball Road, Reyes lost control and his vehicle slid off the south side of the roadway and into the ditch and then into the Elkhart River. The vehicle was carried approximately 180 feet downstream before flipping over and submerging.
The Ligonier Fire Department was able to get to the vehicle and attach a tow cable. Once the vehicle was pulled from the river, it was determined there were three people inside, all pronounced dead at the scene by the Noble County Coroner’s Office.
Killed in the accident were JJ Reyes, age 50; Zulia Reyes, age 15; and Valeria Reyes, age 13, all of Ligonier.
Zulia Reyes was a sophomore student at West Noble High School and Valeria Reyes was an 8th grade student at West Noble Middle School.
The Noble County Sheriff’s Department and Conservations Officers from the Indiana Department of Natural Resources continue to investigate this accident.
- Monday morning crash in Ligonier claims 3 lives
- Ligonier homicide victims identified
- Ligonier giving employees raises
- Three charged in Ligonier murder
- Police investigating double homicide in Ligonier
- New charges filed in Ligonier double murder
- Ligonier man arrested on child pornography charges
- Trial begins for Ligonier murder suspect
- Man guilty in Ligonier double murder
- Toddler dies in Monday morning crash