As we begin to move into spring, potholes are seemingly popping up everywhere in Fort Wayne.
City crews have been working since the first of the year to combat the pothole problem around the city. Just last week, the city received 61 calls about potholes which were eventually filled along with 400 other potholes filled by city crews.
Frank Suarez with Fort Wayne Public Works and Utilities says that even though the weather is bad, the city is still working to keep citizens safe.
"Those holes are so deep in some cases, it's important to fill them if we can because it's about public safety," says Suarez. "People walk through that area, people drive through that area and it's important to continue to fill those even when it is raining."
If you see a pothole that needs to be filled, you can call the city's 311 line.
- More potholes appearing in Fort Wayne
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Visit Fort Wayne launches Fort Wayne Accessibility landing page
- Two Fort Wayne nightclubs closing
- Fort Wayne housing market booming
- Fort Wayne church helps Haiti
- Greater Fort Wayne celebrates success
- Fort Wayne alleys getting facelift
- Fort Wayne's 2019 budget approved
- Fort Wayne Police investigating shooting