ORLANDO, Fla. (WFFT) - AAA predicts more than 54 million Americans will travel 50 miles or more away from home this Thanksgiving.
That's a nearly five percent jump from last year, and the highest number since 2005.
If you're one of the more than 48 million Americans traveling by car, you could be in for a particularly long journey.
Global mobility analytics company INRIX predicts travel times in the nation's most congested cities could be up to four times longer than normal.
- More Than 54 million Americans expected to travel for holiday
- Millions expected to travel for Christmas
- Travel insurance helpful during busy holiday season
- Record number of travelers this holiday season
- More than 1 million Hoosiers traveling for Thanksgiving
- Holiday travel for December 2018: It's going to get busy
- 2017 Holiday Shipping Deadlines
- Holiday Cab program returns
- 2018 Holiday Shipping Deadlines
- Snow and ice are expected to wallop more than 90 million people