MILFORD, Ind. (FOX 55) - A teenager is dead after being hit by a train in Kosciusko County on Monday evening.
The Milford Police Department and Kosciusko County FACT team were called to the Syracuse Street rail crossing in Milford, which is in the northern part of the county.
When officers arrived, they spotted a stopped Norfolk & Southern train on the north side of the crossing. Norfolk & Southern officials told officers that a male entered the path of the train and was struck south of that rail crossing.
Officials located the body and identified the male as 16-year-old Samuel Pamer of Milford, IN. The Kosciusko County Coroner pronounced Pamer dead on the scene.
The incident is still under investigation as of Tuesday morning.
- Train strikes, kills Milford teen
- Train strikes car near Butler
- Ohio teen accused of killing neighbor
- Teen who killed 73-year-old man in crash avoids prison
- Opioids are killing more children and teens, too, study says
- Police: 2 arrested in killing of Indiana teen selling Xbox
- Mishawaka teen gets 65 years in pregnant schoolmate’s killing
- US drone strike kills 16 civilians in Afghanistan, governor's spokesman says
- Trump on strike that killed Soleimani: 'We did not take action to start a war'
- President Trump Announces Air Strikes on Syria