FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Voters had to choose between someone who will support the president all the time and someone who supports him most of the time.
Tuesday voters chose someone who will support the president all the time.
Mike Braun ran as a former state lawmaker, businessman, and outsider, but gained many supporters. The chair for the Republican party in Allen County, Steve Shine, said Tuesday is a reaffirmation of President Trump's agenda and Mike Braun in office means the president has another partner in the senate.
“It will mean anything like US Supreme Court Justices, any treaties that need to be ratified by the senate, any work the Trump administration needs the consent of the US senate, will be easier to come by as a result of having a Reliable partner in Mike Braun,” Steve Shine said.
He also adds it's been a great year for the GOP and looks forward to what's ahead.
- Mike Braun unseats Senator Joe Donelly
- Mike Braun to face Sen. Joe Donnelly in November
- Senate candidate Mike Braun calls for Indiana AG to resign
- Indiana Democrats call out Rep. Mike Braun
- President Trump rallies support for Mike Braun in Fort Wayne
- New poll shows Braun with slight lead for U.S. Senate
- Jersey Mike's giving back
- Rokita hits Braun over tax hike he once spoke favorably of
- Clothes For Joes requesting donations, volunteers
- Man hurt after stabbing in St. Joe