FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Mayor Tom Henry announced Thursday the ten local businesses who received 2018 Commercial Facade Grants to improve their properties.
Businesses include Nyla Jean Properties, Hop River Brewing, Shady Nook, Media One, Oxford Community Association, Saigon Restaurant, Jones Auto Repair, Reliable Cleaning, Fairfield Heights, and Apex Consulting. The businesses are in all parts of the city, and were chosen because of their potential to improve the economy and look of Fort Wayne.
"All of these buildings look pretty old and outdated, and some of them are blighted and vacant, and we look at how vibrant they're going to make it and how much they're going to turn it around," said Lindsey Maksim, the director of the Facade Grant Program.
Since 2008, the city has awarded around $1.7 million in grant funding.
- Mayor announces recipients of 2018 Commercial Facade Grants
- Crawford announces 2019 mayoral bid
- Business leader announces mayoral run
- McMichael announces candidacy for New Haven mayor
- Commercial driver shortage hurting area businesses, schools
- New Ivy Works program to assist SNAP benefits recipients
- Mayor announces $30 million investment to repair neighborhoods
- Fort Wayne's mayor announces re-election bid for 4th term
- Foellinger Foundation announces $2.6 million grant to Taylor University
- Mayor Henry, FWPD, and FWFD recap 2018; plan for 2019