FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Mayor Tom Henry announced Thursday the ten local businesses who received 2018 Commercial Facade Grants to improve their properties.
Businesses include Nyla Jean Properties, Hop River Brewing, Shady Nook, Media One, Oxford Community Association, Saigon Restaurant, Jones Auto Repair, Reliable Cleaning, Fairfield Heights, and Apex Consulting. The businesses are in all parts of the city, and were chosen because of their potential to improve the economy and look of Fort Wayne.
"All of these buildings look pretty old and outdated, and some of them are blighted and vacant, and we look at how vibrant they're going to make it and how much they're going to turn it around," said Lindsey Maksim, the director of the Facade Grant Program.
Since 2008, the city has awarded around $1.7 million in grant funding.
- Mayor announces recipients of 2018 Commercial Facade Grants
- Nine local businesses awarded commercial facade grants
- Crawford announces 2019 mayoral bid
- Business leader announces mayoral run
- Mayor announces proactive jobs initiative
- Historic Old Fort restored after vandals deface facade
- TenPoint Facade Program helping beautify SE Fort Wayne neighborhood
- McMichael announces candidacy for New Haven mayor
- Democrat announces campaign for New Haven mayor
- Commercial driver shortage hurting area businesses, schools