FORT WAYNE, Ind.(WFFT)- This is day one for the trial that's expected to go on 5 days.
Jones sat in Judge John Surbeck's courtroom wearing a blue button up and khakis next to his defense attorneys Ryan Garder and Nick Wallace.
Allen County Deputy prosecutors Tesa Helge and Tom Challie are representing the state.
Over 70 people were called in for jury selection on this case.
Jones is a suspect in the murder of Sha Rif on November 30th 2016
- Jury Selection begins for Marquavious Jones trial
- Jury selection begins in Indiana woman's trial for Rochester bus stop deaths
- Trial begins for Ligonier murder suspect
- Trial of Fort Wayne man accused of murder begins
- Indiana woman's trial for 3 bus stop deaths goes to jury
- Jury Pool now open in New Haven
- Jury Pool closing for the season
- Accused murderer stands trial
- Trial begins for man accused of killing, eating parts of ex
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins