MARION, Ind. (WFFT)- A Marion man is in the hospital recovering after accidentally shooting himself in the genitals.
Police said they were called to the hospital around 6:45 a.m. Thursday for an accidental self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Officers met 46-year-old Mark Anthony Jones in the emergency department. Jones told police he was walking on the walkway near the Girl Scout cabin when he accidentally shot himself.
He said he was holding a Hi Point 9mm in his waistband without a holster when it started to slip. Jones reached down to adjust the gun when it discharged.
The bullet entered just above his penis and exited through the scrotum.
Jones does not have a license to carry a handgun.
The case was sent to the Grant County Prosecutors office for review.
- Marion man hospitalized after shooting self in genitals
- Shooting hospitalizes two teens
- Brother of NBA player killed in Marion
- One dies after being shot in Marion
- Marion County reports death related to West Nile virus
- Marion County jury to hear capital case of Marcus Dansby
- One dead in plane crash near Marion Municipal Airport
- Police arrest 3 men in connection with Marion triple-slaying
- Two people hospitalized after Sunday morning shooting
- One person hospitalized after shooting Thursday morning