BLUFFTON, Ind. (WFFT) — Police have arrested a 46-year-old man they say was having an inappropriate online relationship with a teenage girl.
The Wells County Sheriff's Office arrested Ryan C. Vermilion of Marion on 12 counts of Vicarious Sexual Gratification, and 12 counts of Child Exploitation on Sunday.
Investigators say they discovered an inappropriate online relationship between a girl and Vermilion, who is a school counselor at Marion High School.
Marion Community Schools says Vermilion is currently on suspension and maybe fired "as legal and personnel due processes move forward."
School officials say they are in full cooperation with WCSO.
WCSO believes this is an isolated incident involving only one victim.
Vermilion's bond is set at $240,000.
- Marion High School counselor arrested on child sex charges
- Same-sex marriage could cost Catholic school counselor job
- Former Fremont High School coach arrested for child seduction
- Former Heritage High School Band Director arrested on child seduction charges
- Huntington school teacher arrested on child molestation charges
- Police arrest 3 men in connection with Marion triple-slaying
- Ligonier man arrested on child pornography charges
- Brother of NBA player killed in Marion
- One dies after being shot in Marion
- Student's dad arrested on sex trafficking charges after magazine's revelations