ANGOLA, Ind. (WFFT) - Trine University standout athlete Marcus Winters has made an indelible mark on the University as he finishes out his athletic career in the coming weeks.
Winters helped the Thunder football team to back-to-back MIAA conference titles as a junior and senior.
He was also a back-to-back All-American selection and MIAA defensive player of the year.
Winters owns 12 single-season and career records for the Thunder football program, as well.
He also has been a key cog in the men's basketball team for the past three seasons.
As a junior, he was named the MIAA defensive player of the year and helped the Thunder to their first-ever regular-season conference title as well.
This season, he has taken on more of a scoring load, averaging 12 points per game, good enough for second-most on the team.
Coach Brooks Miller believes he could be the most decorated student-athletes to ever come out of the school.
- Marcus Winters making his mark at Trine
- Trine expanding health science center
- Trine University expands health science campus
- Trine University hosts Innovation Challenge Expo
- Trine University named to Money's Best Colleges list
- Trine's promising postseason cut short due to Coronavirus
- Marion County jury to hear capital case of Marcus Dansby
- Marcus Dansby spending the rest of his life behind bars
- Fort Wayne-built Silverado making mark in northeast Indiana
- Mark Zuckerberg makes the case for not breaking up Facebook