Photo Gallery 1 Images
DEKALB/ALLEN COUNTIES, Ind. (WFFT) - Police in DeKalb and Allen Counties cancelled a manhunt for two people who fled after a traffic stop.
It all started around 6:30 a.m. Tuesday when DeKalb County sheriff deputies pulled over a white SUV pulling a small trailer outside Auburn.
While the deputies was talking to the men inside the SUV, the men drove off.
The deputy was hit with the driver door, but not seriously hurt.
Allen County Sheriff's Department and Indiana State Police joined the chase.
DeKalb County deputies deployed stop sticks on State Road on Tonkle Road near the Allen/DeKalb county line.
The pursuit ended when the driver of the SUV went into a field off of SR 1 near the Allen/DeKalb county line and the driver and passenger both fled on foot.
Allen Counties deputies used K-9's and a drone to help search for the suspects.
The Fort Wayne Police Department used a drone and the state police deployed a helicopter to search for the suspects.
The investigation is on going.
- UPDATE: Manhunt in DeKalb County ends without anyone in custody
- Suspect in custody after two county manhunt
- DeKalb County manhunt comes up empty, investigation continues
- One in custody after early morning manhunt
- UPDATE: DeKalb County teen found safe
- DeKalb County considering CFO regulations
- DeKalb County Jail needs repairs
- DeKalb County creating Veterans Court
- Car Crash in DeKalb County
- Roundabout planned for DeKalb County