STEUBEN COUNTY, Ind. (WFFT) - The Steuben County Sheriff's Office is looking for a man who is accused of trying to run over a deputy.
The sheriff's office said deputies were trying to serve Vincent H. Chilcote, 21, with several arrest warrants from Steuben, LaGrange, and Noble Counties.
Deputies found him just before 1:30 Friday morning at the West Otter Lake Public Access Site off of U.S. 20 near S.R. 327.
The Steuben County Sheriff said while deputies were trying to take Chilcote into custody, he started to drive away and tried tried to run over deputies.
A deputy then shot at Chilcote's truck.
Chilcote continued to lead police on a chase and ended up in a soybean field near the intersection of C.R. 900 W and C.R. 300 N.
Chilcote ran from the vehicle. After an extensive search of the area, deputies couldn't Chilcote.
Chilcote is described as a white male standing 5'4" tall and weighing approximately 130 pounds. He has brown hair and brown eyes along with a tattoo of a line on his left arm, a tattoo of an "X" on his left shoulder, and a tattoo reading "Don't Tread on Me" on his back.
Chilcote is considered armed and dangerous.
If you know where he is, call the Steuben County Sheriff's Office.
The deputy who shot at the truck is on paid administrative leave per department policy.
- Man wanted after attempting to run over Steuben County deputy
- Buffalo roam Steuben County fields
- Deputies: Driver killed in fiery Steuben County crash
- Two arrested in Steuben County drug search
- One person dead in Steuben County crash
- Steuben County Sheriff 'Please lock your vehicle'
- Two vehicle crash claims life of Steuben County man
- Steuben County Police arrest man for breaking into home
- Man injured in Steuben County tree stand fall
- Steuben County veteran says he can't get the service he wants based on where he lives