FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Fort Wayne Police are investigating after a man barricaded himself inside a home early Wednesday morning.
Police said around 3:36 a.m. Wednesday they responded to a report of gunshots in the area of Lake Avenue and Anthony Boulevard. When they arrived they found a woman who said she was hit and strangled by Neon Latross Frazier, 43. She told police Frazier was inside a home in the 1700 block of Lake Avenue.
Officers attempted to contact Frazier, but after a couple hours, the Emergency Services Team and Crisis Response Team were called to the scene.
After several minutes negotiating with Frazier, he surrendered to police. He was taken to the detective bureau to be interviewed. Frazier is now facing a felony domestic battery charge and a felony strangulation charge.
Part of Lake Avenue was closed until around 7:30 a.m. while the incident unfolded.
- Man surrenders after barricade incident
- Burglary suspect surrenders after standoff
- Police detain barricaded patient at Lutheran Hospital
- One man critically hurt after unknown incident
- Man dead after road rage incident
- Police investigating stabbing incident
- Suspect in November homicide surrenders to Fort Wayne Police
- Indianapolis area getting box for safely surrendering babies
- Baby surrendered at Fire Department where installation of Safe Haven Baby Box is underway
- R. Kelly's former manager, James Mason, surrenders to sheriff