FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) -- A man died early Thursday morning after he was shot outside of a Fort Wayne apartment, according to Fort Wayne police.
Officers responded to the 2900 block of Boardwalk Circle, Bluffton Park Apartments, around 1:25 a.m. and found a man lying outside of an apartment.
Police say he was taken to a hospital where he later died. No one else was injured.
Investigators say witnesses heard a "disturbance" between two men and then a gunshot shortly after the victim arrived at the apartment complex.
Police say the man who fired the shot is talking to investigators and is considered a person of interest. No charges have been filed.
Investigators say they're still trying to determine the relationship between the two men and whether either man was a resident of the complex.
They are talking to witnesses and hope to review security camera footage.
No names have been released at this time.
- Man in Waynedale shot to death outside Bluffton Park Apartments
- Bluffton Park Apartments shooting victim identified
- Woman killed in Waynedale shooting
- FWFD investigating structure fire in Waynedale
- Silver Alert ended for missing Bluffton man
- People upset Waynedale business isn't keeping weeds down
- FBI offers reward for info on Waynedale Chase bank robber
- Fines issued after death at Bluffton fuel plant
- Woman shot in parking lot of Villa Capri Apartments dies
- Fire at The Pallet Barn in Bluffton