FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) -- Fort Wayne police say a 21-year-old man was seriously wounded in a shooting late Wednesday night.
Police say a man called 911 at 11:09 p.m. and told dispatchers his friend had been shot on Fox Avenue, and that he was driving him to the hospital.
Officers arrived at the hospital and found the victim with a gunshot wound.
Police say he has life-threatening injuries.
Police also responded to the 2800 block of Fox Avenue after receiving a call from someone saying they heard gunshots in the area about 10 to 15 minutes earlier.
They say the victim may have been inside a vehicle at the time of the shooting.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call Fort Wayne police at (260) 427-1201 or Crime Stoppers at (260) 436-STOP.
— Mallory Beard (@MBeardFOX55) January 23, 2020
- Man seriously wounded in Fox Avenue shooting
- Bowser Avenue shooting victims identified
- Runnion Avenue shooting victim identified
- Central Avenue shooting victim identified
- Senate Avenue shooting victim identified
- Man dies from stab wounds
- Police shoot, wound Indiana man after domestic dispute, fire
- One wounded in Fort Wayne shooting
- Fort Wayne police arrest man in deadly Runnion Avenue shooting
- Fort Wayne man in critical condition after Euclid Avenue shooting