FORT WAYNE, Ind. (NEWS RELEASE) - Danurell Blair, age 40, of Anderson, Indiana, was sentenced by U.S. District Court Chief Judge Theresa L. Springmann after pleading guilty to 2 counts of Bank Robbery, announced U.S. Attorney Kirsch.
Blair was sentenced to 70 months in prison followed by 3 years of supervised release and was ordered to pay restitution to the victims of his offense in the total amount of $ 70,074.69.
According to documents in the case, on November 6, 2017, Blair robbed the Community State Bank, located in Auburn, Indiana. Thereafter, on December 16, 2017, a heavily disguised Blair entered the Campbell & Fetter Bank located in Kendallville, Indiana and demanded cash from the tellers. Blair fled the bank with approximately $27,114.00. When law enforcement attempted to apprehend Blair as he departed the bank, he fled. A pursuit ensured during which Blair drove southbound in the northbound lanes of State Road 3, reaching speeds in excess of 110 miles per hour. Spike strips had to be employed to stop Blair who was then taken into custody.
As part of his plea agreement, Blair agreed to pay restitution for the Community State Bank robbery and the Campbell & Fetter Robbery. Additionally, Blair agreed to pay restitution to the victims of the June 28, 2017, Fort Financial Credit Union robbery, a September 12, 2017, Beacon Credit Union robbery, as well as restitution to the Indiana State Police in connection with the December 16, 2017 Campbell & Fetter robbery.
This case was investigated by the FBI, ATF, Indiana State Police, Allen County Police Department, Fort Wayne Police Department, Noble County Sheriff's Department, Auburn Police Department, Whitley County Sheriff's Department, Churubusco Police Department, Indiana Gaming Commission, Kendallville Police Department, DeKalb County Sheriff's Department and prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorney Lesley J. Miller Lowery.
- Man sentenced for string of bank robberies
- Man arrested after bank robbery Tuesday
- Bank robbery reported in Wolcottville
- Police investigate bank robbery attempt
- Indiana State Police make arrest in string of armed robberies
- Police investigate bank robbery at Flagstar Bank on west State
- Police identify man arrested in Fort Wayne bank robbery
- Neighbors react to Kendallville bank robbery
- Woman hurt after robbery outside bank
- One suspect in string of armed robberies caught; other at large.