FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) — The Fort Wayne Police Department responded to a report of a shooting inside a mobile home early Tuesday morning.
He was later pronounced dead at the hospital.
At 3:34am, in the 4900 block of Wayne Park Dr. officers arrived and located an adult male suffering from apparent gunshot wounds, according to police.
Police said two adult males were inside the mobile home when an altercation erupted between them.
They said one of the males had a handgun and shot the victim.
The other male involved in the altercation remained on scene and is cooperating with police.
Police said it is not clear if the males lived here or what their relationship is to each other.
Medics determined the male was in critical condition and was transported to a local hospital where he remains in critical condition.
Detectives said they went to the scene to interview those involved and any other possible witnesses.
This investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police (260) 436-7867.
Check back with FOX 55 News as more information becomes available.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
- Man killed after Fort Wayne mobile home shooting
- Man killed outside Fort Wayne Hotel
- Man injured in Fort Wayne shooting
- Fort Wayne Police investigating shooting
- One killed, five wounded in Fort Wayne shootings Sunday
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Fire destroys mobile home
- Fort Wayne Police investigating Thursday night shooting
- Fort Wayne man convicted of killing 2 women, fetus
- Coroner identifies Fort Wayne man killed in stabbing